4.19.2007

Eagle Fling High Miniature painting


Size: 2.5 x 3.5 inch
acrylics on playing card.

I have been asked numerous times about whether the painted playing cards would be archival. I really don't know the answer to this but the surface is treated just as any medium surface would be. First it is treated with a sealer, then primered with coats of gesso before the art is painted on. It makes an excellent surface for painting on with either acrylics or oils. I have not tried other art mediums but I am sure they would work as well. I expect as long as the painting is treated with love or care as any other painting it should last as long as any other so called archival painted work. A lot will depend on the quality of the paint and other materials being used in the painting process. I have been painting on the cards for years and have some in my own collection and they are as good as the day they were painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment