2.01.2007

"Sailing" Aceo

Size: 2.5 x 3.5 inches
Acrylics on recycled playing card
SOLD
My Ebay Auctions

Today here in NE Okla we are having more snow. Just managed to get the horrible ice from the last winter storm melted where we could get around and now we are socked in again. I don't think I care much for "Winter". I am feeding the birds. It is a joy to see the swarms of birds that come to the feeders. I live in a rural area and I have Goldfinches, Cardinals, Bluejays, Mockingbirds, Downy Woodpeckers, Flickers, Junco, sparrows, chickadees and all the other common birds visiting my feeders. I just moved here from the South Eastern Mountains of Okla. I owned 80 acres on the side of Buffalo Mountain and down there we had scarlet tangers and once I got to see one of those "Painted warblers". I just could not believe what I was looking at. It must have accidently dropped onto my painting pallette. :) I had deer and turkey come through my yard all the time, once saw a herd of at least a dozen deer visiting my salt lick. There is nothing more breath taking than seeing a turkey in evening with the sun reflecting off of its feathers. The rainbow of color is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment